Are you looking to start selling as a seller on amazon.com? If so, we’ve created a powerful resource that can help aid you in creating the perfect image for your product. After reading today’s article, you’ll have a clear understanding as to what is and what is not allowed in terms of your products images.
If you’ve ever shopped on Amazon before, you’ll likely notice how all the product images maintain the same “feeling” and all look extremely professional. According to the amazon website, all images must be either the cover art or the professional photograph of the product being sold. This means that you cannot digitally recreate the image. Further, Amazon explains that the images:
Cannot contain any additional confusing objects within frame.
Must contain the product within focus.
The entire product must be within frame
Backgrounds of said image must be pure white
Cannot contain any extra additional text, graphics, or inset image
Cannot contain pornographic or suggestive materials.
If you’ve understood the above 6 rules, you’ll likely be in the clear. However, you may want to the 4 intermediate rules with are described below.
- The provided image must pertain to the exact product being sold. This means that you cannot post irrelevant images to describe said product.
- The product within the photo should take up 85% or more of the actual image itself.
- Close-up/cropped images will be denied.
- Backgrounds of said image must be pure white
- Backgrounds and environments within the background will cause the image to be denied.
Advanced, Technical Requirements
Finally, you’ll want to consider glancing over these few technical requirements for your product images. If you’re not tech-savvy, you may want to run through this list of requirements with someone who is.
- Only Image Formats Allowed Include : JPEG, TIFF, GIF, and PNG
- File name must consist of the Amazon ASIN, EAN, ISN, JAN, or UPC, and cannot contain any spaces, dashes, or additional characters.
If you can follow the above guidelines, you’ll be sure to have a high quality, Amazon approved image that everyone will enjoy. If you find that you need help with any of these requirements (either rudimentary or technical), we’re here to help!